4th Quarter Real Estate Tips
Here are some reasons to sell a home during December and January:
1. Sellers may receive more money and net more for their home now because there will be less competition and less inventory.
2. Decorated homes have a warm and inviting glow during the holidays. Not to fret, you may restrict showings during your personal family events.
3. One of the highest percentages of “Listings Sold” to “Listings Taken” occur during this time of year.
4. Winter buyers are more serious, focused buyers.
5. Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holidays, as many have taken time off from work.
6. January is traditionally the biggest transfer month for corporate transferees who need to buy a home now and can’t wait until the spring.
7. The holiday season is a time of heightened consumer spending.
8. Selling during the winter months enables sellers to have an opportunity to buy during early spring.
9. Interest rates are forecasted to rise in the new year.
Here are some reasons to buy a home during December and January.
1. There is less competition and not as many buyers are in the winter market.
2. Sellers are motivated, as most would prefer to sell and take advantage of the tax break.
3. Builders have new construction inventory to move off of their books.
4. Buyers who purchase in 2018 can write off their closing costs and possibly moving expenses.
5. Interest rates are trending upward.
6. There is better accessibility to reliable contractors, as it’s the slower season, if buyers want to do any renovations before moving into their new homes.
7. The holidays may allow buyers to have more time to view homes, without taking time off from work.
8. Loans can get underwritten quicker as it is a slower time and a slower market.
9. Buyers who purchase in December generally won’t have a mortgage payment until February… Merry Christmas!
Army Veteran Melissa Krudwig is a Realtor and is the team leader for The Think Melissa Team, with more than 30 years of combined team experience. www.thinkmelissa.com TheBearofRealEstate.com
Other Stories You Might Like
Major General Craig La Fave Featured at the 2018 ARMAC Military Appreciation Luncheon
The Cobb Chamber hosted the 66th annual Atlanta Regional Military Affairs Council (ARMAC) Military Appreciation...
Nation’s First Homeless Veteran Statue to be Dedicated in January 2019
Every night, roughly 49,000 veterans find themselves on the street homeless. To put this into perspective...
GSAR Teams Train for Rescue Situations
Clayton, Cobb, and Gwinnett County Georgia Search and Rescue (GSAR) teams simulated rescue scenario of...
Georgia Fire Departments Move Forward with Unified Language for Community Risk Reduction
Fire claims the lives of thousands of men, women and children each year around the globe. The question...
VETLANTA: Post-9/11 Leaders Wanted
If Veterans Support Organizations (VSO) are to remain relevant today, they need to find ways to be relatable...